The information on our Suburb Research pages have been gathered from various sources, and in some cases, simplified to make them easier to use.
- All distance data is 'as the crow flies', not travelling distance.
- Median House Price for a Suburb is calculated from all the house sales in the year, ordered by sale price - the sale price of the house halfway down that list is the median price. Be clear - it is NOT an average sale price.
- Cheapest 4 Bed House: This is the lowest asking price our researchers could find currently advertised for a 4 bed, 2 bathroom house in a particular suburb. It gives a benchmark for the entry-level affordability for a house in a suburb.
- Public Transport Rating is a summary of the public transport services available in a suburb - the higher the number, the better served that suburb is. Each suburb scores points for bus routes and closeness to train stations.
- 2011 crime data is for the whole of 2011. Be mindful that a suburb may have higher crime reported (assaults etc.) if it has pubs/nightclubs or shops and it doesn't necessarily reflect on the safety on living there.
Please be aware of our Terms and Conditions regarding the accuracy and use of this data.